Make.Shift is sad to announce that as of today — due to a recent fire inspection — we won’t be hosting live shows until we can get our building up to fire code. We’ve rescheduled almost all of our upcoming shows to take place at other venues — check our Facebook events page for new locations.
We’re working with the Bellingham Fire Department to figure out exactly what we have to do to get up to code. We’ll make more announcements when we know more, and ask for your help when we need it!
Thanks always for your luv and support!
— Cat Sieh, Make.Shift Director
- Make an original, 2D piece of art that is postcard size (4×6 inches)
- You may submit up to 5 pieces for the show*.
- *Keep in mind: these will eventually be mailed as postcards, so make sure they are sturdy, and blank on the reverse side.
- Deliver your postcard(s) to Make.Shift — 306 Flora St — or mail them to us:
- **Do not mail them directly** put them in an envelope along with ONE 4×6 note card listing the following information:
Your name and mailing address
Your email address
The total number of pieces that you are submitting to the show (1 – 5)
DEADLINE: MAY 24th, Friday at 4:00 p.m.
- Come to Make.Shift for the opening Art Walk reception and see your art in the gallery! Friday, July 5th.
- Check your mailbox! At the end of the show we will put your address on someone else’s postcard and mail it. For each postcard that you submit to the show, you will receive one in return. Other artists from the show will receive yours!
note: original postcard art will not be for sale during this show. Make.Shift will be scanning and printing postcards of all submissions to be for sale in the gallery as part of Make.Shift’s summer fund raising campaign.
That’s Right, it’s finally Yellingham weekend. More info over at Yellingham’s website. Full Lineup:
Photo by Tommy Calderon
Pick up a show map at any Make.Shift show to find out the addresses of the house shows
7:30 pm, Make.Shift
Lee Corey Oswald
11am PANCAKE BREAKFAST HOUSE SHOW
1pm HOUSE SHOW
3pm HOUSE SHOW
duck little brother duck
Walter and Perry
Ship to Ship
The Sky Above and Earth Below
7pm at Make.Shift
7pm HOUSE SHOW
12pm PANCAKE BREAKFAST HOUSE SHOW
Stephen Steen (Violins, Specters)
3pm HOUSE SHOW
7pm at Make.Shift
The Grizzled Mighty
Don’t worry, if you didn’t get a ticket to the BTPNLSL, Fed X, The Need, Thrones show tonight, there will be lots of tickets available at the door. Come on time if you wanna get one! 8 p.m. sharp.
Make.Shift Art Space invites you to team up with a kid in your life and collaborate on some art!
kid = 12 years of age or younger. Any kid you know: your own, a neighbor, niece or nephew, any little buddy will do. Each team of artists may submit up to two pieces of art for the show.
* We plan to hang all of the art work that is turned in for the show, and meets the following requirements.
- All pieces of art must be collaborative = both people contribute to the final creation.
- 2D work must be framed or mounted and have a wire for hanging
- All pieces labeled on the back with : Title, price, or NFS, Name and age of both artists, Contact e-mail address of the adult, Optional: The artists’ relationship
- 3D pieces are welcome! Please e-mail email@example.com by April 13th with the size and materials of the piece so we can plan accordingly.
- Listing your art work for sale is not mandatory, but is encouraged. Gallery commission= 25% on all sales.
DROP OFF DEADLINE: Friday April 26th at 4:00pm.
- The gallery is open Tues.-Sat. noon-5pm. Work may be turned in early.
- Art Walk will be Friday, May 3rd, 6-10pm. We hope you will join us!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the show,hanging requirements, or to make special requirements for dropping off your art.